4. July = Independence day / Unabhaengigkeitstag
Unser erster 4. Juli in Amerika. Und Culpeper hatte einiges zu bieten. Leider leider musste unser Papa heute arbeiten. Nichts desto trotz haben wir drei uns aufgemacht, ein wenig von dem grossen Tag hier mitzubekommen. Angefangen hat es fuer uns mit einer grossen Auto- und Motorradshow, welche in der super schoenen Davis Street statt fand. Ich hoffe, man erkennt auf manchen Fotos ein wenig die wunderschoenen alten Haeuser. Der schoenste Teil von Culpeper wenn man mich fragt. Es war super heiss an diesem vormittag aber wir gaben uns alle Muehe uns durch die Menschenmassen zu kaempfen.
Our first 4th of July in America. And Culpeper offered a lot. Sad our Dad had to work today so we couldn't enjoy it altogether. But the three of us got ready and were trying to spend some time in town to join the people at this great big day here. It all started for us with a big car and bike show in the beautiful Davis Street. I hope you can see on some pictures how nice these houses look like. I think and believe it is the most beautiful part of Culpeper. It was really hot this morning but we tried our best to enjoy it and to make our way through the crowd.
Our first 4th of July in America. And Culpeper offered a lot. Sad our Dad had to work today so we couldn't enjoy it altogether. But the three of us got ready and were trying to spend some time in town to join the people at this great big day here. It all started for us with a big car and bike show in the beautiful Davis Street. I hope you can see on some pictures how nice these houses look like. I think and believe it is the most beautiful part of Culpeper. It was really hot this morning but we tried our best to enjoy it and to make our way through the crowd.
Dies ist ein Blick auf die Autos, die in der Davis Street standen und auf die oben erwaehnten schoenen alten Haeuser.
This is a view of Davis Street where all the cars were parked and where you can see the nice old houses I was talking about.
This is a view of Davis Street where all the cars were parked and where you can see the nice old houses I was talking about.
Gabriel hat die Autos fotografiert. Es gab natuerlich viele viele mehr aber ich finde, er hat sich sehr schoene ausgesucht. In erster Linie waren die Fotos natuerlich fuer den Papa bestimmt. Aber wir moechten sie Euch allen nicht vorenthalten:).
Gabriel took all the photos of the cars. Of course there were much more but I think he picked some real nice ones. First of all the pictures were taken for Daddy. But we don't want to hide them:).
Gabriel took all the photos of the cars. Of course there were much more but I think he picked some real nice ones. First of all the pictures were taken for Daddy. But we don't want to hide them:).
2 real typical American cars..at least to us. Great isn't it?
Dann ging es zu den Bikes. Then we went to the bikes.
We realized this would be the perfect bike for us. At least the 4 of us would all fit:)
Natuerlich gab es auch alte und neuere Armee-Wagen.
Of course there were some older and some new army trucks.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to enjoy your
4th of July here in America even if Duane was working. Some very spectacular pictures you took. Gabe I love your crown. How did you like your blue cotton candy?
Love ya,
Aunt Renee
I'll answer for Gabe here:). The cotton candy was "ok":). Really sweet (what a surprise) and teeth and tongue turned out blue..:). He had a good time
We love you 2
Nette
Post a Comment